Wednesday 28 November 2012

Music Video - Filming Locations

I will be filming the narrative opening and ending in my Grandmother's living room. I have chosen this location as it doesn't look too modern, but it doesn't look too old-fashioned either; it is neutral -- this is good because I want the room to visually refer to the lyrics, 'I'm just a simple man', in the song, and also to represent the emotional after-effects that the war had on the man in the narrative of the video.

For the band performance, I will be filming in the theatre at my school; I have been given permission to do so. The theatre stage lighting, and a stage. However, I want the band performance to be in a dark, and somehwhat shrouded place, and the theatre has a light-brown floor, lilac curtains, and a black and white stage. This means that I will have to be as careful as I can when filming, but also that I will have to create the "shrouded" effect, digitally, in post-production.

To film the majority of the narrative for my music video, I will be going to a location similar to that of the beach in the video for 'Chizuru', by The GazettE. The beach that I am planning to film at is the Mablethorpe beach.


No comments:

Post a Comment