Thursday 20 December 2012

Thirty Seconds To Mars - 'This Is War' Promotional Poster Analysis



On this promotional poster for Thirty Seconds To Mars’ song, ‘This Is War’, the view of the band is from the perspective of a military-issue telescopic lens of some kind. The entire image has an overlaying image which has lots of very fine, faded black lines -- this is to make the lens’ perspective look more authentic. This is an effect that I more-than-likely will use on my poster, as mine will be military-themed as well.

As well as this, the poster has a solid-coloured bar across it. I have seen a lot of posters with these bars on them. The bar fills out the poster, and draws attention to the title of the song that the poster is promoting. I was already planning to put a bar across my poster.

No comments:

Post a Comment