Monday 10 December 2012

ViViD - 'Across the Border' Analysis



At the beginning of this music video, there are close-ups of each instrument as they are introduced to the song. The introduction to my track has a similar kind of introduction, in which the instruments are slowly introduced. I could have close-ups of the instruments in my video, as each one is introduced.

Also, during the guitar solo, there is heavy camera-shake -- this is used to imply that the radical sound and power of the solo is causing the Earth to shake. It would be interesting to use this technique in my video, during the “heavier” parts of the song.

Aside from the camera techniques, this video also uses a sandy location, like mine. When the focus is on the instruments, the background is faded out with darkness -- this is a nice effect. I would consider using this effect; however, I plan on filming the band performance part of my video in front of a dark background, thus eliminating the need to fade the background out.

No comments:

Post a Comment